Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] strtok_r() not implemented

On 09/04/17 14:57, Anton Shepelev wrote:
>> The interface of strtok_r() is rather ugly.  Its first invocation
>> shall differ from subsequent ones, whereas the task performed is
>> the same.

I agree that the APIs of both strtok() and strtok_r() are utterly
disgusting, but nevertheless they are what they are, and as POSIX.1
prescribes, (and as ISO-C prescribes, in the case of strtok()); the
same is true of Microsoft's strtok_s().

>> I have come up with more consistent version:
>> [...]

You are, of course, free to adopt this in your own applications,
but, since it complies with no recognized standard, it will not be
considered for inclusion in MinGW.

> The code fragment is broken because grofg ...

What is grofg?  Do you, perhaps, mean groff?  If so, then...

> interpreted '\' as an escape character.

strictly, as \0 appears in your code, it will be interpreted as an
_escape sequence_, representing a non-paddable digit-width space;
(typographically correct digits are all required to occupy uniform
space, even in proportionally spaced fonts).  Thus...

> Here is the correct code:
>
>   [...]
>     while( s[ind] != '\0' )

the '\0' in this code results in:

   while( s[ind] != ' ' )

(as it was shown, in your earlier post).

- --
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.