Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Out of memory exception when install perl modulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

Please do not top post.

On 4/8/2017 5:07 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I didn't install any other perl distribution, just check the perl
> package and apply the change in the guimain.exe at
> mingw/libexec/mingw-get directory.
> I think it is the mingw perl distribution. And the version is 5.8.8.0.
> The perl.exe file is located at mingw/msys/1.0/bin.

This isn't a MinGW perl it is a MSYS perl which is why I was asking.
You'll need a MSYS development environment to install changes to that
perl.  This is the reason for your issue.

MSYS perl only exists to help support the use of autoconf's configure
scripts.  It is a requirement for autoconf and a native version cannot
be used because it doesn't understand the POSIX paths.

Depending on your use you may want to instead install something like
Strawberry PERL.  However if you are using MSYS to execute configure and
require added modules while doing so then installing the MSYS
development environment is the only option you will have.

> Anyhelp?

Not really! ;)

> -Bruce

> From: "Earnie";<>;
> Date: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 00:28 AM
> To: "mingw-users"<>;

Please elide the email addresses.
Also please configure your client to do proper mail list style quoting.

> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Please take time to read this.

--
Earnie