From: "Earnie";<earnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Date: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 00:28 AM
To: "mingw-users"<mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;

Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Out of memory exception when install perl modulewith mingw shifted perl 5.8.8

On 4/2/2017 7:35 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to mingw and perl, but a perl application I want to use need to
> install a few perl modules.
> I install mingw 32 bit on my win 10 64bit.
> I install gcc compiler and perl. After that I install perl module using
> perl cpan.
> Cpan works but throw an exception when downloading package using LWP.

What perl distribution are you using?

> $cpan
> cpan>install Date::Calc
>
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/Metadata
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
> Going to read /home/liubl/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
> Database was generated on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:29:02 GMT
>
> There's a new CPAN.pm version (v2.16) available!
> [Current version is v1.7602]
> You might want to try
>   install Bundle::CPAN
>   reload cpan
> without quitting the current session. It should be a seamless upgrade
> while we are running...
>
> Out of memory during request for 40 bytes, total sbrk() is 267528192 bytes!
> Lockfile removed.

It might depend on the perl distribution.

> Is there any solution to this?

Maybe but unknown at the moment.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.