Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Missing pread, pwrite

Earnie wrote:
>> The source is available in the file mingw.cc distributed with plzip at
>> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lzip/plzip/plzip-1.5-rc2.w32-w64.zip
>
> What license was used for this package?  I don't know that it is compatible.

Plzip itself is GPLv2+[1], but the code of pread/pwrite was contributed
by Hannes Domani under any license required to compile plzip under MS
Windows (with MinGW compiler).

I admit that neither Hannes nor myself made this explicit in the Windows
binary package above. The code is simple enough (a forwarded call to
ReadFile/WriteFile) that I think it does not fall under copyright. But
if it is required, I'll ask Hannes to add a proper license notice.

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/plzip.html

Best regards,
Antonio.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.