Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] How do I write native windows code with MinGW? POSIX calls are compiling?.

How do I write native windows code with MinGW? Getting POSIX calls to
compile.

 From the MinGW web page <quote..>
MinGW compilers provide access to the functionality of the Microsoft C
runtime and some language-specific runtimes. MinGW, being Minimalist,
does not, and never will, attempt to provide a POSIX runtime environment
for POSIX application deployment on MS-Windows. If you want POSIX
application deployment on this platform, please consider Cygwin instead.
<.../quote>

Exactly what I want – Let me explain. I followed the directions for a
new instillation. I have a Linux program that works in Linux. It will
also work in Cygwin. The program has several POSIX calls that I know
windows does NOT support (getopt(), glob(), ...). I tried compiling this
program with MinGW expecting errors --- but to my surprise it compiles,
links, and runs. Clearly, it has linked with some libs that provide
POSIX – how do I get Windows and nothing but windows?

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.