Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Pending new mingwrt and w32api releases

On 06/03/17 01:20, David Gressett wrote:
> I ... proceeded to work on shrinking xsinfo into a minimal test case.
> When I finished, xsinfo had completely vanished; it is now replaced
> with CrashDemo.adb, which has only 5 lines of actual code:
>
> procedure CrashDemo is
>    Err: exception;
> begin
>    raise Err;
> end CrashDemo;
>
> It is built with this command line:
>
> gnatmake -g CrashDemo
>
> This produces the same gdb traceback that I got with xsinfo.

FTR, I tried to reproduce this, in my cross-compiler environment:

  $ mingw32-gnatmake --version
  GNATMAKE 5.3.0
  Copyright (C) 1995-2015, Free Software Foundation, Inc.

  $ cat crashdemo.adb
  procedure CrashDemo is
     Err: exception;
  begin
     raise Err;
  end CrashDemo;

  $ mingw32-gnatmake -g crashdemo
  mingw32-gcc -c -g crashdemo.adb
  mingw32-gnatbind -x crashdemo.ali
  mingw32-gnatlink crashdemo.ali -g

  $ ./crashdemo.exe
  raised CRASHDEMO.ERR : crashdemo.adb:4

which I think is what you expect.  Do note that this is with the tip
revision of mingwrt/w32api-5.0, (including my local patches, which are
unlikely to have any bearing on the issue), running under wine, (which
is masquerading as Win7, and is usually less forgiving than real Win7),
with statically linked Ada runtime, (IIRC, you were able to produce a
DLL variant of that, but I never succeeded in doing so).  IOW, I can't
reproduce your crash, so I can't debug it; is it possible that the
issue lies within your dynamically linked Ada runtime?

- --
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.