Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Pending new mingwrt and w32api releases

It does indeed raise an unhandled exception, but such exceptions
are handled inside the Ada runtime. When crashdemo.exe is built
with the current V3 system libraries, it runs with no crash and exits
with as message saying that it raised CRASHDEMO.ERR. When run
from GDB with a breakpoint set for abort, it runs to completion
and the break does not happen.

When it is compiled with the V5 prerelease system libraries, it crashes
inside the Ada runtime library before it can produce the CRASHDEMO.ERR
message. When run from GDB with a breakpoint set for abort, the
break does happen.

I have done all of this with both the current MinGW gcc 5.3.0  and with
my experimental gcc 6.3.0, and get the same results with both.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.