Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Pending new mingwrt and w32api releases

> From: David Gressett <DGressett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 11:31:15 -0600
>
> >Eli has already offered some follow-up dialogue on this.
>
> I saw that, and proceeded to work on shrinking xsinfo into
> a minimal test case. When I finished, xsinfo had completely
> vanished; it is now replaced with CrashDemo.adb, which
> has only 5 lines of actual code:
>
> procedure CrashDemo is
>    Err: exception;
> begin
>    raise Err;
> end CrashDemo;
>
> It is built with this command line:
>
> gnatmake -g CrashDemo
>
> This produces the same gdb traceback that I got with xsinfo.

Ada is not even a read-only language for me, but doesn't the above
raise an exception that has no handler?  If so, the fact that the
runtime calls 'abort' is expected, I think, as that's what should
happen when there's an unhandled exception.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.