Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Pending new mingwrt and w32api releases

On 26/02/17 02:54, David Gressett wrote:
> I then downloaded and installed the proposed version 5 releases
> of mingwrt and w32api and tried the gcc 6.3.0 build again

Okay, thanks.

> It failed, with the crash of a program that is part of the Ada
> build system: xsinfo.exe, located in my build tree at
>
> gcc-6.3.0-mingw32/gcc/ada/bldtools/sinfo/xsinfo.exe
>
> xsinfo almost completed successfully; Here are the last few
> lines that it displayed in my msys window:
>
> "Check for missing functions in body
>      OK
>
> Check Set procedures in body
>      OK
>
> Check for missing set procedures in body
>      OK
>
> All tests completed successfully, no errors detected

So, it appears that it may have reached the end of it's main()
function, then failed in the termination code.

> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in
> an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team
> for more information."

That's got to be one of the least useful error messages, ever.

> The "unusual way" line also appeared in a Windows popup error
> message box. I will supply more information later as I do more
> detective work to try to find the cause of the failure.

Did that popup message box not report a status code?  Knowing
that might have been helpful.  It's possible that this is some
sort of latent bug in the xsinfo.exe program itself, just as it
may be due to some change in mingwrt or w32api.  Could you run
xsinfo.exe under GDB, to determine where it is crashing?  Or,
build mingwrt and w32api from the repository, then run a git
bisect over the changes since the last 3.x releases?

If you can do this, I'll hold off on the release of 5.0 for a
couple of weeks, until we can glean some useful information
about this crash.

- --
Regards,
Keith.