Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Pending new mingwrt and w32api releases

>From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Mingw-users] Pending new mingwrt and w32api releases

>Folks,

>Almost two weeks ago, I invited you to test pre-release snapshots of the
>proposed version 5.0 releases of these two package sets.  Vadim Zeitlin has kindly done so, in conjunction with his builds of wxWidgets, and has
>identified one minor issue, (which arises due to an upstream GCC bug; I
>have identified a workaround, to be included in the final release).

I am working on native Windows builds of gcc and have
successfully built 5.3.0, 5.4.0, and 6.3.0, with my
MinGW installation using the current mingwrt and w32api.

After successfully building  6.3.0, I installed 6.3.0 to replace
the gcc 5.3.0 installed by the MinGW installer and successfully
built 6.3.0 again.

I then downloaded and installed the proposed version 5 releases
of mingwrt and w32api and tried the gcc 6.3.0 build again

It failed, with the crash of a program that is part of the Ada build
system: xsinfo.exe, located in my build tree at

gcc-6.3.0-mingw32/gcc/ada/bldtools/sinfo/xsinfo.exe

xsinfo almost completed successfully; Here are the last few
lines that it displayed in my msys window:

"Check for missing functions in body
     OK

Check Set procedures in body
     OK

Check for missing set procedures in body
     OK

All tests completed successfully, no errors detected

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

The "unusual way" line also appeared in a Windows popup error message box.
I will supply more information later as I do more detective work to try to
find the cause of the failure.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.