Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] errno_t and strerror_s

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 3:20 AM, Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/12/16 18:56, Keith Marshall wrote:
> ... in fact, since each thread does appear to get its own buffer,
> Microsoft's strerror() *is* thread safe; the caveat is that simply
> saving the pointer returned by strerror() *doesn't* guarantee that
> the message text will remain fixed, *within the calling thread*.
>
> On this basis, if you would like to file a feature request:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/new/ (so I don't forget about
> it), I will consider adding strerror_r() for an upcoming release
> of mingwrt-5.x

FWIW, I committed it anyway:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mingw-org-wsl/ci/e52d64b7f86888d5f318fae98fec0536653093d3/

- --
Regards,
Keith.

Thanks a lot Keith!!! I appreciate it! Sorry I forgot to file the feature request.

Any idea when you will release the next mingwrt?

Thanks, Marc

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.