Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] can someone explain all this unix tools in mingw?

> From: Chan Oak <chanomail@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 22:09:24 -0500
>
> can someone explain to me what these commands or tools do and what its use for?

Most of them are from the GNU Binutils package, so you will find them
documented in the Binutils manuals.

cpp and c++filt are from the GCC package.  gcc-ar, gcc-nm, and
gcc-ranlib are also from GCC, and I was never able to understand their
purpose (they are identical to ar, ranlib, and nm, respectively).
gettext and ngettext are from Gettext, and redir is a MinGW utility.

In general, typing "program --help" will show you some usage info
which will go a long way towards giving you an idea what the program
does.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.