Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] sal.h, DXSDK, and MinGW

Hello,

I'm currently trying to compile Allegro 5 with MinGW gcc 5.3.0.3 and the June 2010 DXSDK. I'm having several problems. The first is when compiling dsound.cpp, an allegro source file. It fails to compile because dsound.h includes sal.h, which doesn't exist in MinGW. The second is when trying to compile the XInput driver for allegro. It fails because xinput.h expects __in and __out function attributes to be defined.

My third issue is that MinGW seems to have some kind of minimal set of DirectX headers and libraries included (it looks like DX9 is there). Should I be using these instead? I don't see libd3dx9.a but that may be a Vista only extension. I think that is optional for one of the allegro examples.

My question is, what can or what should I do about all this? I just tried building allegro configured to use MinGW's DX and it fails to compile because dinput.h is missing. Direct Input is mandatory to build Allegro 5 on Windows. libdinput.a is included but the header is not for some reason.

I hope someone can offer me some insight on this. I really have no desire to move to MSYS2 and MinGW64 unless I have no other choice, but they work to build Allegro 5 without issues and I'm running out of options.

Thank you for whatever help you can offer, I appreciate it.

Marc

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.