Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] MinGW Fortran+Linker produces EXE instead of DLL

I am using Eclipse(Mars) with MinGW, "GNU Fortran Compiler" and "GNU Fortran Linker" to build a Windows DLL from Fortran code.  This is working okay for Debug configuration, but when I switch to creating a Release build, it is producing an EXE file rather than a DLL.

I checked the Linker settings, and -shared is specified.  I compared my settings between Debug and Release, and they are the same.

Linker options:
*   Debug:  -L <lib file> -v -shared -Wl,--output-def=<def file>
*   Release:  -L <lib file> -v -shared -Wl,--output-def=<def file>

"Expert settings" (Command line pattern) are also the same ...
*   Debug:  ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}
*   Release:  ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}

What could I be doing wrong?

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.