Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] undefined reference to _imp__*

> From: "Cervinka, Mitch" <mitch.cervinka@xxxxxxx>
> CC: "mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:25:35 +0000
>
> Okay.  Yes, I'm seeing the imp prefixes in the lib file.
> However, the underscores are wrong.
>
> If I build the import library with DLLTOOL using the --no-leading-underscore option, and then use "nm -A" to examine the file, I see names like ...
>
>           __imp_SYMBOL1            (i.e. 2 underscores before imp and 1 before the name)
>
> If I build it without that option, the names look like this ...
>
>           __imp__SYMBOL1            (i.e. 2 underscores before imp and 2 before the name)
>
> However, the linker is looking for names like ...
>
>           _imp__SYMBOL1            (i.e. 1 underscore before imp and two before the name)

No, the linker should look for __imp__SYMBOL1.  That's what I see in
the MinGW import libraries, which definitely work.  Are you sure the
linker scans your import library?  Adding -v to the link command line
should show that.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.