Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] undefined reference to _imp__*

Okay.  Yes, I'm seeing the imp prefixes in the lib file.
However, the underscores are wrong.

If I build the import library with DLLTOOL using the --no-leading-underscore option, and then use "nm -A" to examine the file, I see names like ...

          __imp_SYMBOL1            (i.e. 2 underscores before imp and 1 before the name)

If I build it without that option, the names look like this ...

          __imp__SYMBOL1            (i.e. 2 underscores before imp and 2 before the name)

However, the linker is looking for names like ...

          _imp__SYMBOL1            (i.e. 1 underscore before imp and two before the name)

In other words, DLLTOOL seems to always prefix imp with two underscores, but the linker is looking for names where imp is prefixed by only a single underscore.

I tried linking again, but am still seeing the "undefined reference" messages, due to the extra underscore.

Any insights on how to handle this?