Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] undefined reference to _imp__*

> From: "Cervinka, Mitch" <mitch.cervinka@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:39:04 +0000
>
> Are you saying, then, that the DEF file from which the import library is created should provide an alias for each symbol in the DLL?

No, I don't think so.

If you run "nm -A" on the import library, which symbols do you see
there?  You should see __imp__* symbols marked as "I" and the symbols
from your DEF file marked as "T".  You can see an example of that if
you run "nm -A" on one of the lib*.a import libraries that come with
MinGW's w32api package.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.