Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] Compiling gcc 5.3 from the MinGW source distribution

I have located a few round tuits for compiler work and have downloaded  the
gcc-5.3.0-3-mingw32-src.tar.xz file

My goal is to build the compiler and understand the MinGW patches so that I can then
move on to getting the 5.4 and 6.2 gcc  compilers to build.

The last time I did this was for a 4.9 compiler. It had a build structure that was
designed as a wrapper around the original upstream gcc  release.  There was a makefile,
a package.ini, patch files, and a README.makefile which contained brief but entirely
adequate documentation to get it all to work.

After unpacking the tar.xz file that I downloaded, I see that this structure is not
present. I get a directory structure that looks very much like what I get from unpacking
the upstream gcc 5.3 distribution, with the addition of a directory that contains patches.

I decided that the best thing to to do is to come here and ask how to build this.

So, what's up? I'm guessing that what I'm seeing now is a work in progress, and that
the previous build structure will at some point reappear, with changes as needed for
the V5 compilers.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.