Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] help compiling

> Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 04:49:46 +0000 (UTC)
> From: And Notachance <spam12828v28v@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> when I build slashem I have a bat file (txt file renamed to .bat)
>
> like this for a plain build:
>
> PATH=c:\mingw\bin
> cd src
> mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc install
>
> (src directory is where the Makefile.gcc is located)
>
> and full build is like this:
>
> PATH=c:\mingw\bin
> cd src
> mingw32-make -B makefile.gcc install
>
> and dump error build only is like this:
>
> PATH=c:\mingw\bin
> cd src
> mingw32-make -B makefile.gcc install>out.txt 2>&1
>
> I hope this helps.

Not really.

The error message you cite means that mingw32-make cannot find
gcc.exe.  Where is gcc.exe located on your system?

> PATH=c:\mingw\bin

This is a bad idea: you are removing from PATH all the directories
Windows itself needs to work properly.  Instead, do this:

  setlocal
  PATH=c:\mingw\bin;%PATH%

which will _add_ to the existing PATH, and do that only for as long as
the batch file runs.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.