Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] help compiling

> From: "SHIFT838" <shift838@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 17:21:35 -0600
>
> I:\tcpser-ms>make -f mymake.win32
>
> I get:
>
> gcc -O -Wall -DWIN32 -c -o i:\tcpser-ms\winsrc\bridge.o i:\tcpser-ms\winsrc\bridge.c
>
> process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, gcc -O -Wall -DWIN32 -c -o i:\tcpser-ms\winsrc\bridge.o
> i:\tcpser-ms\winsrc\bridge.c, ...) failed.
>
> make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> make: *** [i:\tcpser-ms\winsrc\bridge.o] Error 2
>
> I am lost on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

This means Make couldn't find gcc.exe, the GCC compiler executable.
You have some basic installation problem, like maybe the directory
where you have gcc.exe is not on PATH or something like that.

I suggest to begin by making sure you can compile a simple "hello
world" C program, and only after that try building complex packages.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.