Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] errno_t and strerror_s

Keith,

Thank you for looking into this. The whole problem arises because cmake incorrectly detects strerror_s in MinGW gcc 5.3.0. Allegro uses strerror_r and strerror_s when they are available and so latest Allegro from GIT fails to build because they are not actually present. The call to cmake's check_function_exists(strerror_s) incorrectly reports it's presence. This is with latest cmake installed. I plan to report it to cmake soon. If MinGW provided a strerror_r function it would solve this problem nicely. But like you said, it needs to be thread safe. That's why allegro is using them. In other cases it simply reports an empty string.

Thanks for your efforts,
Marc

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.