Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] errno_t and strerror_s

Hello,

I was just wondering if there will ever be support for errno_t and non-standard strerror functions like strerror_s. cppreference.com says they are part of C11 and that they are included in string.h, but MinGW doesn't include them as of gcc 5.3.0 and mingwrt3.22.4 and w32api 3.18.2.

Should they be included?

I realize errno_t should just be replaced by int according to other internet sources, but the functionality of strerror_s is useful in that it duplicates the error string. It could be replaced by strerror and strdup, but strdup is non standard non strict ansi.

What should I use instead?

Marc

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.