Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] newbie errors

tried that.... fails.

c:\ash>gcc -Wl,--no-undefined -L. -o aaspi_file.exe aaspi_file.o -laardvark

./aardvark.dll: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm curious about the 'usual' place libs are kept thing, should I be copying .dll files into a special dir under the MinGW install dir?

I'm starting to thing an earlier comment about the .dll format being wrong may be the issue. Not sure how to fix that tho.

What about the .h file instead, is there a way to skip the .dll and use the .h instead? would that work or am I a total n00b?

 |    /\
 |___/  \
 O O O
In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place
which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization.
 -- Nikola Tesla

MinGW-users mailing list