Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Can't do partial linking with libmoldname.a?

> From: 张博洋 <zhangboyang.id@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 18:05:59 +0800
>
> // there is also .text section in the object file, and have runnable
> code in it
>
> Disassembly of section .text:
>
> 00000000 <_strdup>:
>     0:   ff 25 00 00 00 00       jmp    *0x0
>                          2: dir32        .idata$5
>     6:   90                      nop
>     7:   90                      nop

Yes, that indirect jump through an import table is what import
libraries are all about.

> So the issue is that the "ld -r" can't work with import libraries?

I don't really know, I never tried "ld -r".  I asked what would be the
semantics of that, and I still don't know the answer to that.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.