Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Can't do partial linking with libmoldname.a?

> From: 张博洋 <zhangboyang.id@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 17:26:41 +0800
>
> Yes, linking some .o together works:
> 	ld -r -o big.o somecode1.o somecode2.o somecode3.o
> 	(OK, gcc -o test.exe big.o will generate runnable executable)
> linking .o with libgcc.a or libmingwex.a also work:
> 	ld -r -o big.o somecode1.o somecode2.o somecode3.o /mingw/lib/libmingwex.o
> 	(OK)
> But, linking with libmoldname.a will result in failure at the final step.

libmoldname is an import library, while libmingwex is not, so these
two examples are not the same use case.

Let me rephrase: is there any reason to assume "ld -r" works with
MinGW import libraries?

And what is the semantics of "partial linking" with an import library,
anyway?

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.