Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Can't do partial linking with libmoldname.a?

an executable  is as a result of linking two object files , you can't
link an executable and an object file , again gcc is a c compiler not
a linker although it can invoke it  ,  in your  command you seem to
want gcc to combine an object file to an executable , if you have
issues with linking I suggest you learn to use makefiles,makefile
generators(cmake) etc and analyze the generated makefiles , ld.exe is
the linker ,thank you.