Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] newbie errors

Hi,

Ralph Hipps wrote:

> c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
> cannot find -laardvark.h
>
> collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Keith and John gave you already consistent answers: you are failing to
link in the proper libraries.

If you are writing a program yourself, take a seat, relax and dust out
some C primer book or tutorial: you are not hitting yet a MinGW issue,
but just standard build issues.
If you are instead porting something existing from Unix to windows, then
look if you have makefiles (e.g. look for Makefile or GNUMakefile) which
do handle the compilation of multiple source files and linking
parameters. Furthermore, it might be that your program might have a
"configure" script to automatically write Makefiles for you.

Riccardo

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.