Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] Deeper study of the MinGW compiler

Hi everyone.

After a long time of using the MinGW compiler, I have decided to deepen in this field and generally to compiling.

I know that MinGW is open-source, and its code is here: http://www.mingw.org/category/wiki/source_code

Can you advise me, how to build - run it, and what debugger to use if I want to see how this compiler is working?

For example:

In which framework, I will do it?

What compiler or debugger I have to use? Can it auto self-build somehow?

And if everything is working well, then inside the code, in which parts I have to focus on?

What is the best way to understand how compiling (by MinGW) is done?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.