Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Basic bootstrapping-queries on MinGW

> From: Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 22:48:27 +0530
>
> However, I see that "usleep" does not work on Windows as expected (it works flawlessly on Linux).
>
> Bigger beasts like sockets and multi-threading support still await their turn to be ported to Windows.
>
> With the above back-story, what do the experts think?
> Is it worthwhile to go with MinGW-toolchain (on Linux)? Or we use should Visual-Studio (on Windows) itself to
> compile the framework (as that will also provide the luxury of using the MSDN-APIs)?

I don't understand you concerns.  If you worry about standard
functions, like usleep and sockets and multi-threading, then Visual
Studio won't solve them, since MinGW uses the same runtime C libraries
as the Studio.

I think the real choice is between MinGW/Studio and Cygwin.  The
latter will give you all you want, but the price is that you need to
distribute the Cygwin DLL with your binaries.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.