Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Errors in _finddata64_t and _wfinddata64_t naming

On 10/22/2016 4:47 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 22/10/16 18:02, Romain Garbi wrote:
>> Hello guys !
>
>> I just found that mingw has wrong names ...
>
> Who says they are wrong?
>
>> for _wfinddata64_t and _finddata64_t (which are declared as
>> __wfinddata64_t and __finddata_t in spite of what msdn reads here
>> : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zyzxfzac.aspx ).
>
> And that particular reference is inconsistent with several other
> references, on MSDN, to this pair of data types; e.g.:
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kda16keh.aspx
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zyzxfzac%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

Sorry, Keith, I see these references with a single _ and not the __
underscore.  Well actually looking closely I see a reference to both.

intptr_t _findfirst(
   const char *filespec,
   struct _finddata_t *fileinfo
);
intptr_t _findfirst32(
   const char *filespec,
   struct _finddata32_t *fileinfo
);
intptr_t _findfirst64(
   const char *filespec,
   struct __finddata64_t *fileinfo
);
intptr_t _findfirsti64(
   const char *filespec,
   struct _finddatai64_t *fileinfo
);

>> Is there a particular reason for this ?
>
> Historically, the __finddata64_t and __wfinddata64_t type names are
> correct, and the _finddata64_t and _wfinddata64_t forms are wrong, but
> perhaps we should just accept that Microsoft are utterly incompetent,
> when it comes to documenting their products, and, on account of the
> gross inconsistency on MSDN, declare *both* forms as being "correct"?

Yes, I think so.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.