Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Does MinGW not support -std=c++11 flag?

That does the trick! Thanks a lot for your quick response!!! ;)

I don't quite understand the logic of the line you used to fix the inclusion though (The comment confuses me) :

#if defined _WCHAR_H && ! defined RC_INVOKED
#if ! defined _STRING_H || defined __STRICT_ANSI__
/* ...such that these declarations are exposed when either _WCHAR_H, or
 * when _STRING_H is defined and __STRICT_ANSI__ is not, (since that would
 * indicate that these declarations have already been processed).

As I understand it, the ! operator takes precedence over the ||, so logically it is (if STRING_H is not defined OR __STRICT_ANSI is defined, then include the function prototypes. Okay, wait I get it. If you apply the logical equivalent inverse of that you get (if STRING_H is defined AND __STRICT_ANSI is not). It's just confusing that the two different forms are logically equivalent but verbally different. I see what you're doing now. I just got confused. Forgetting my basic logical equivalencies.

So, no worries, and thanks again!

Marc

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.