Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Problems compiling Gnulib-assisted projects with MinGW runtime 3.22.2

> From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 22:42:52 +0100
>
> On 12/10/16 15:34, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I still think it would be good to consider relaxing our standard
> > compliance in this one case, even though we are right and glibc is
> >  wrong.
>
> I'm not ruling that out, but having made the point that glibc isn't
> standards compliant, and that projects which gratuitously depend on its
> non-compliances are buggy, I would like to do it in a way which makes it
> possible to preserve our compliance, while relaxing it by default.  I
> think the attached (untested) patch may achieve that, in this case.

Thanks.  I think this would be indeed better.  However, note that
glibc doesn't exclude these prototypes from string.h when
_POSIX_SOURCE is defined.  Although AFAIK _POSIX_SOURCE defined means
the user used the -posix switch to GCC, so perhaps this is good enough
in practice.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.