Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Problems compiling Gnulib-assisted projects with MinGW runtime 3.22.2

> I'm not arguing against having these prototypes in strings.h, where
> they belong.  I'm saying that having them _also_ in string.h will make
> the porting jobs easier in many cases.  That cannot be a bad thing.

Following standards is better if it achieves the goal of more equivalent compiler behavior between platforms.  As opposed to declaring the same functions in multiple headers (if programmers weren't expected to be willing to include the proper header), wouldn't it be better to just have strings.h include string.h?

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.