Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Does MinGW not support -std=c++11 flag?

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Clayton Weaver <mingwuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I got the same errors with Allegro 5. Upon trying to compile an old A5 project with -std=c++11 I got the same errors mentioned about off_t and even got errors pertaining to cwchar.h stating ::wcscat, wcscmp, and several others were not declared. For Allegro 5, for now, it appears you have to pass -std=gnu++11 to compile or use a C++ library like SFML to make games or apps.

I can confirm this. My library build using A5 and C++11 does the same thing. There's also an error regarding _fsize_t being undefined. My library builds using -std=gnu++11 just fine.

We're currently working on this in the allegro developers mailing list here :

As soon as I have more details, I will post again.

MinGW-users mailing list