Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

On Oct 05, 2016 at 07:05 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 04/10/16 08:20, Jannick wrote:

> If your objective is to eliminate DLL dependencies, (other than the system
> DLLs):
>
>    $ mingw32-gcc -static main.c -o t.exe -lbfd -liberty \
>       -lintl -liconv -lz
>
> will do the trick, (and you still get the i18n support).

Thanks, then I wasn't that far off, since this is exactly what I did.

>    $ objdump -x t.exe | grep -i 'dll name'
>            DLL Name: ADVAPI32.DLL
>            DLL Name: KERNEL32.dll
>            DLL Name: msvcrt.dll
>            DLL Name: msvcrt.dll
>            DLL Name: USER32.dll
>
> OTOH, if you are really determined to drop i18n support, then you will
have
> to build your own NLS disabled copies of the libraries, from source, (as
you
> have done).  IMO, i18n support is a useful feature for a majority of
users,
> and I don't want to clutter our FRS space with a potentially confusing
mish-
> mash of NLS disabled packages, alongside their (more generally useful) NLS
> enabled counterparts.

Fully agree. It is certainly easy to live with a compilation command
including '-static -lintl'.

Many thanks for your support for all that!

Regards,
J.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.