Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

> From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 23:15:42 +0100
>
> > Thanks - agree. However, this package comes along with the implied
> > dependency to libintl-8.dll which, in general, I wanted to avoid.
>
> You'll need to provide a SSCCE, to help me understand where that
> dependency arises; I'm not seeing it in my build trees, for either
> the distributed libbfd.a or libiberty.a, (when inspected using
> "objdump -x ... | grep -i dll" -- not that I'd really expect it
> to show up, within a static library, until the linker finds a
> symbol dependency which needs the DLL in question).

If you run "nm -A" on libbfd.a, don't you see the likes of
_libintl_dgettext and _libintl_snprintf, all of them "undefined"
(i.e. with the "U" marker)?  If you don't, perhaps your libbfd comes
from a different package than Jannick's (and mine).

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.