Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

> From: "Jannick" <thirdedition@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 23:28:29 +0200
>
> Here a way to get the initial main.c (see the initial posting) compiled
> purely with MinGW (i.e. without any reference to msys if I am not missing
> anything behind the scenes) and a linking a freshly compiled GNU binutils
> package (from https://www.gnu.org/software/binutils, v2.27 as of today). In
> a msys shell I compiled the package with
>
> 	./configure --disable-nls
> 	make

These two commands need MSYS to run correctly, because otherwise you
won't have Posix-compliant shell, Make, and other utilities needed for
the build.

> (I am hesitating to run 'make install' after passing
> '--prefix=C:/MinGW' to ./configure to not overwrite other files and
> executables).

No need to hesitate: just say

  make install prefix=/some/where/else

to get everything installed in that other place.

> I guess it would be great to push that - if possible - thru the MinGW
> package in one of the next MinGW releases. But this is certainly up to the
> maintainers, of course.

To push what?  addr2line is already included in the Binutils
distribution, so what else is needed?

(I'm not a MinGW maintainer.)

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.