Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

Here a way to get the initial main.c (see the initial posting) compiled
purely with MinGW (i.e. without any reference to msys if I am not missing
anything behind the scenes) and a linking a freshly compiled GNU binutils
package (from https://www.gnu.org/software/binutils, v2.27 as of today). In
a msys shell I compiled the package with

	./configure --disable-nls
	make

where `--disable-nls` avoids linking errors (with intl library involved). (I
am hesitating to run 'make install' after passing '--prefix=C:/MinGW' to
./configure to not overwrite other files and executables). Then linking
with, e.g.,

	mingw32-gcc -o t.exe main.c \
		C:path/to/binutils-2.27/bfd/.libs/libbfd.a\
		C:/path/to/binutils-2.27/libiberty/libiberty.a
		-lz

does the job for main.c here.

I guess it would be great to push that - if possible - thru the MinGW
package in one of the next MinGW releases. But this is certainly up to the
maintainers, of course.

Many thanks,
J.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.