Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

Salut Zouzou,

Thanks, that is interesting.

However, now I am able to run a pure msys compilation to produce a working
executable (thanks to Sergio on this list!). I missed this in the first
place, since I had to additionally load the msys core utils to make that
happen with both the library bfd and liberty residing in the msys lib
folders.

Thus it looks to me that
- msys has consistent libs bfd and liberty to compile on msys level
- liberty.a is missing in the MinGW lib folder
- a mixed compilation approach (msys & MinGW) uses incompatible libs, hence
linking breaks.

Merci beaucoup,
J.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.