Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

On 01/10/2016 18:38, Jannick wrote:
> No problem. :) But again: The funny thing here is that while bfd.a is
> available in the MinGW
> Lib folder, liberty.a is not, which is why I linked the version in the Msys
> folder.
> Supposedly this version is outdated (pls cf. my other posting to Eli's
> response) and
> - this is my innocent but really wild guess - liberty.a is missing as a lib
> shipped with
> MinGW.

Hey,

Sorry I have not read the whole thread; but regarding this particular
point, <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-06/msg00149.html> explains why
one cannot expect bfd & iberty libraries in MinGW packages and why one
should refrain from using / linking to them.

Hope it's relevant here.

Zouzou

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.