Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

Hey Irwin,

Since liberty.a is not available in the MinGW lib folder, I linked the
version
in the Msys folder.

> > Have you searched your MinGW-w64/MSYS2 installation for any reference
> > to the "iberty" name fragment?

Yep, I did: no result other than ' C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\lib\libiberty.a'.

> Oops. I am lurking on both the MinGW/MSYS list and the MinGW-
> w64/MSYS2 mailing lists and incorrectly assumed you were using the latter
> platform.  But since you are using the former, please translate everything
> said above as follows:
>
> MinGW-w64/MSYS2 ==> MinGW/MSYS.

No problem. :) But again: The funny thing here is that while bfd.a is
available in the MinGW
Lib folder, liberty.a is not, which is why I linked the version in the Msys
folder.
Supposedly this version is outdated (pls cf. my other posting to Eli's
response) and
- this is my innocent but really wild guess - liberty.a is missing as a lib
shipped with
MinGW.

Many thanks,
J.