Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libaddr2line.a: dependencies of libbfd.a?

On 2016-10-01 14:15+0200 Jannick wrote:

>              mingw32-g++.exe -o t.exe main.c -lbfd -lintl -liberty -lz

Hi Jannick:

I am just lurking on this list out of general (future) interest and
don't have MinGW-w64/MSYS2 actually available to me yet. Neverthless,
out of curiosity, I checked your first undefined reference,
filename_ncmp with a google search (google is always your friend for
undefined reference issues), and that routine is apparently defined by
the libiberty library.  So I agree you should be using at least the
-liberty flag above (since -liberty should normally translate to
whatever the actual libiberty library name is on MinGW-w64/MSYS2). But
since that flag is obviously not finding the libiberty library, my
guess is you don't have the libiberty development library installed.
Have you searched your MinGW-w64/MSYS2 installation for any reference
to the "iberty" name fragment?

Alan

Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science