Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] C Runtime Library When Linking With LD?

Please forgive me as this is obviously a frequently asked question.
However I'm unable to find the answer with a search engine.

I want to build libbz2.dll - the BZip2 library as a Windows DLL.  It
compiles just fine but I'm unclear what to put in my makefile so that ld
finds a C Runtime.

There is a blog at Microsoft that discourages linking to MSVCRT.DLL.  Am
I to link to it anyway?  If so how do I do it?

Is there some other runtime I should use?  If so can I statically link
it or must I distribute the runtime's DLL with my installer?

Thank you

-- New To MinGW

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.