Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] skipping incompatible libfl.a when searching for -lfl

On 25/09/16 21:47, Angus Comber wrote:
> I do have a liblf.a file in C:\MinGW\lib
>
> my path includes:
> /mingw64/bin:/mingw64/bin:/c/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin:/c/MinGW/bin:/mingw64/
bin:

That

looks decidedly wrong.  First, if you are using MSYS correctly,
/c/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin should not be there, because MSYS knows where
its own root is, and thus, the correct reference is to /bin.

Secondly, and again, if you are using MSYS correctly, there should be
only one reference to /mingw/bin, mapped through the mount table to
either 32-bit MinGW, or to mingw64, as appropriate for your current
build objectives.  You should *never* have potentially ambiguous
concurrent references to both MinGW/bin and mingw64/bin

> gcc is installed in C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe

It may well be, but your path has /mingw64/bin before /c/mingw/bin,
which means that you are not using our gcc; you are using the mingw64
alternative, which is not our product; we do not support it, and any
discussion relating to it (specifically) is off-topic here.

> Why am I getting skipping incompatible version for libfl.a

Probably because your libfl.a is 32-bit library, and you are trying to
link with 64-bit compilands.

> and how can I fix this?

Don't mix 32-bit and 64-bit compilands in the same build; if you are
building for 32-bit, remove /mingw64 references from $PATH.  OTOH, if
you are building for 64-bit, remove the 32-bit MinGW references, and
make sure all your libraries are built for either 32-bit or 64-bit,
as appropriate, but never mix them.

- --
Regards,
Keith.