Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libiconv-2.dll is missing

On 9/23/2016 12:20 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Mike Crawford <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:43:27 -0700
>>
>> $ gcc --version
>>
>> A message box appears:
>>
>>      gcc.exe - System Error
>>
>> The program can't start because libiconv-2.dll is missing from your
>> computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

> Where did you download GCC, and how (with what commands) did you
> download ans install it?  Was that from the MinGW site?

I'm pretty sure I was trying to use the GCC that was included with
MinGW.  I installed it with the GUI version of mingw-get.

> The MinGW site provides libiconv-2.dll in this directory:
>
>    https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/libiconv/

This fixed it, thank you.

> If you download and install using mingw-get, the tool should install
> that dependency automatically.

I don't think the dependency was installed.  May I respectfully suggest
that someone install the current MinGW on a Windows system that has
never had MinGW before?  Using a VM would make this more convenient.

Regards,

Mike Crawford
Portland Software Development and Consulting
http://soggywizards.com/
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One Should Not Trifle With Wizards For It Makes Us Soggy And Hard To Light.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.