Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libiconv-2.dll is missing

> From: Mike Crawford <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:43:27 -0700
>
> $ gcc --version
>
> A message box appears:
>
>     gcc.exe - System Error
>
> The program can't start because libiconv-2.dll is missing from your
> computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
>
> ---
>
> Google finds lots of posts about other programs that include MinGW, such
> as Codeblocks.  I can't find any posts that quite describe my problem.
>
> I'm unable to find a libiconv-2.dll anywhere.  There is a github page
> that offers a replacement for download, but Windows 8.1 64-bit doesn't
> want to load it.

Where did you download GCC, and how (with what commands) did you
download ans install it?  Was that from the MinGW site?

The MinGW site provides libiconv-2.dll in this directory:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/libiconv/

If you download and install using mingw-get, the tool should install
that dependency automatically.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.