Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] -fkeep-inline-functions with --retain-symbols-file

Hello all,

I am trying to use -fkeep-inline-functions together with --retain-symbols-file. That is, I want to keep inlined functions but discard everything else by using a file containing all inlined symbols. Unfortunately, my file seems to be ignored. The compiler complains when the file is missing which means it does look for it. But the resulting library is just as large with or without --retain-symbols-file. Would you have any idea what the problem might be?

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.