Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] putwchar not working

On 7 September 2016 at 13:56, Chan Oak <chanomail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know why putwchar is not working with mingw?
> I only able to use wprintf for wide character printing

Problem of the MSVCRT.DLL on Windows Vista and later. Reported a few
years ago but no one is working on it. It is not just putwchar.
Outputting non-ASCII characters has problems with putchar/putwchar, in
general.

I had a blog on this one:

https://yongweiwu.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/msvcrt-dll-console-io-bug/

Best regards,