Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] I can't compile the c program (Prapan Chulapinyo)

On 06/09/16 03:20, Prapan Chulapinyo wrote:
> Base on answer of Keith yesterday ...

Nope, what you did is in no way based on my answer!

> Here is what i do: I delete MinGW folder. Then setup again from
> new.

Well, okay I guess that would work, but it is a complete waste of
time, effort, and bandwidth; it's also nothing like the simple
solution which I suggested:

>> You should install the libpthreadgc-dev package; (from the CLI):
>>
>> mingw-get install libpthreadgc-dev
>>
>> (or, if you are a GUI junkie, run mingw-get in GUI mode -- DO NOT
>> run mingw-get-setup.exe again -- scroll down until you find it,
>> and install it from there).

> Then when I mark for installation for mingw-developer-toolkit,
> mingw32-base, mingw32-gcc-ada, mingw32-gcc-fortran,
> mingw32-gcc-g++, mingw32-gcc-objc, msys-base. Then apply. It turn
> out that some packages can't download in 1st try. Still there is
> mark for installation for those package that not yet downloaded.
> All I need to do is apply changes again until they all downloaded
> and installed.

So, not only are you wasting loads of bandwidth, by downloading all
over again, a bunch of packages which you already had cached locally,
until you wiped out the package cache (along with the rest of your
MinGW tree), you have to do it iteratively, to work around some quota
imposed by whatever mirror you are downloading from.  The whole point
of using an integrated package manager, such as mingw-get, is that you
can maintain a consistent installation, while installing individual
packages, WITHOUT repeating the whole caboodle time and time again.

- --
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.