Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW Installation Help

>> On Aug 29, 2016, at 8:36 PM, David Gressett <DGressett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> ... snip ...
>>> I have downloaded all the automated installer and all the pre-requisite software
>>> and read the installation manuals and comments, etc., with no luck; still I have a
>>> difficulty to correctly do the installation and get it up and running since my OS is
>>> Windows 10.
>>
>> You need to supply more information -
>> What is the name of the file of the "automated installer"?

>The automated installer is MinGW-get-setup.exe. I have installed all the packages in
>this installer for both MinGW and MSYS just in case. Nevertheless, cannot make any file; not sure if it has to do with the directory address, etc

Please do not top post - it much easier to follow the logic of multi-part
questions and answers when the  answers are inserted immediately following the
question. This answer establishes that it was indeed the MinGW 32-bit compilers
that are supported on this list that you installed.

>> Did the installer fail, or did problems happen after the installation?

Your top-posted answer was too brief, and did not answer this question.
(That is another reason why you should not top post answers - when
you don't attach answers directly under the questions, it is too easy to
fail to notice that you did not answer an important question.)

>> What was the exact text of the error messages (if any) that were
>> produced during the installation?

No answer - more information is needed. What happened here?

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.